Thursday 26 December 2013

Post Christmas Relax Mode

Did you have the kind of Christmas Day you desired? Ours flew past as fast as Santa and his coursers. With no little ones around, we all slept in and didn't get around to opening gifts until after lunch! I never entertained the thought of being so laid back, decades ago.(smile) I remember (as a kid) being puzzled that my Dad didn't seem concerned to open his presents in a "timely" fashion! Now, here I am....longer on patience and savouring the anticipation of receiving a gift.
What I loved best this year was a card. My 20 something sons drew pictures inside it, depicting scenes from their youth. I told them I will treasure it forever!
My wish for all is that you had people with which to spend Christmas, and that you have happy memories to sustain you in the new year. 
I want to thank Darnell of http://www.djkardkreations.com/ 
She is encouraging me along my journey by the kind things she said, and featuring my site on her blog. I aspire to create a blog that is as funny, witty and engaging as her blog. Beautiful cards too! Check it out. 


Tim Holtz reindeer die on sticky back foil that I stuck to cardstock after running through the Big Kick with a swirls embossing folder. Then it was fussy cut.  I sponged ink on it to give a little definition, and tied on the ribbon to help give the illusion of flying through the air.
The background is a snowflakes embossing folder. I inked the folder with shades of blue and sponged around the edges with a darker hue. 
The tag is stamped with a SU greeting (I love this stamp). Here's a hint someone gave me: place your tag into a corner punch in such a way as to make the fish tail on the end. Easy and economical! 
As always,THANKS for stopping by




Challenges entered:


Coffee, Chocolate and Cards #54

Christmas Card Challenges#4 Make it Masculine

Charizma Cardz Challenges #49 Anything Goes

Sister Act Card Challenge #38

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Bling it On 















23 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie. Gorgeous card. Love all the dimension from your embossing and sponging - so beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Loll. Thanks for the nice comments and congratulations on the birth of your gorgeous grandchild! :)

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful flying reindeer! Love the look of the embossed metal and the colored embossing on the background! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment and for allowing me to share on Merry Monday.

      Delete
  3. I saw your card on Merry Monday and just had to let you know how much I love it - beautfiful work with the embossing folders and the ribbon on the reindeer is so clever - he really looks like he is flying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words! Please come back anytime.

      Delete
  4. Debbie this is a gorgeous card. The sticky back foil is a new item to me..sounds very useful. It made your deer look so patina'd...and your embossing took Mr. Reindeer over the top. I hear you on the handmade card being precious too. It was made with love & memories, the bestest kind. Our morning was a lot like you described as well. We laughed about years gone by, when we'd be up until 4am putting DD's Barbie dollhouse together (or other years' toys), get to bed & doze off just in time for her to wake us up. This year our pressies were not as overflowing as they used to be, as it's harder to buy for adult children. Much easier to give $$$ or gift cards. Which DD & I went out to sales today, and she chose what she wanted and Mom paid for it! It was quality time for she & I, but boy, was I a tired puppy when we got home after about 6 yrs! TFS & hugs. Yep, we'd all like to have Darnell's talent. She is one special lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary for your visit. Christmas memories....LOL! I'd be tired too after all you've been up to. After your comment about Followers, I finally figured it out, Now I need help to figure out how to fix the Avenue Create Honorable Mention badge :( Can anyone out there help me?

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous card! The snowflakes are so beautiful! The reindeer looks fun too, I love the red bow around his neck! :) Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! Your wreath card is a beautiful clean design. The white space really makes it pop.

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous card Debbie and you are right about Darnell, she is a lovely lady and very encouraging.
    Great idea for making the fish tail, when you see it done it's so obvious but I would not have thought of it. Festive wishes, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment Angela. It means a lot to me, coming from an art teacher :) Festive wishes back to you!

      Delete
  7. This is a gorgeous card, I love all the sponging and the beautiful foil deer!! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, Debbie, your card is reallllllly stunning! I love how you made your reindeer with the EF and the shading and then finished it with the flowing ribbon! Very nice!!

    Secondly, thank you for the shout out! I'm so grateful to have you as a follower and supporter, so it was my pleasure to introduce you to my other followers!

    I hope you have a wonderful and crafty new year ... with lots of lingering, savoring moments!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. Good job figuring out how to add the "Join This Site" button! I was pickled tink to be your first follower!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for entering this lovely card for my CHNC challenge extra for December - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Debbie. I love the dimension and texture you've created! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Karren, for taking the time to comment. You are welcome back anytime!

      Delete
  12. This card is so pretty Debbie, I love all that texture. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nina. You and all the others at Merry Monday certainly have made me feel welcome!

      Delete
  13. Beautiful card, I love all the texture, colours and your beautiful foil reindeer. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. Hope you enjoyed your visit here. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for joining my site, Susan. Woo hoo! I'm up to 2!

      Delete