Saturday 5 January 2013

Magnolias


A friend requested me to make this card for her friend's birthday. I love the "Magnolia" stamp set from Flourishes. I painted it with distress inks from tim holtz . Shabby shutters, peeled paint, victorian velvet, spun sugar. I also used a watercolour pink pencil.I stamped it 3 times...the light one in the background, the flowers which were cut out, and the leaves which were cut out. They were layered with dimensionals.  The background was cut out with a Nestabilities die. The die shape was painted with picket fence and spun sugar distress stain and then splattered with water. I sponged the edges with walnut ditress ink and added a bit of micro fine glitter. The DP is left over from another card. Corners were punched with a Martha Stewart punch. I sponged the edges of the card with spun sugar ink. The sentiment is from Stampin Up.
I hope the flowers cheer you up during this cold Jan.
Thanks for looking and please make a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment